Sunday 24 April 2011

Game of Thrones

I've just caught up with the first episode of Game of Thrones (Mondays, 9pm, Sky Atlantic).

Oh. My. God.


Anyone who knows me can tell you how much I love fantasy but this film takes the genre to a new level. It's intelligent, dark, bold, sexy and undenaibly beautiful, with incredibly high production values that could rival the Lord of the Rings series. Just watch the title sequence and listen to that gorgeous music...

(I've heard that the map is going to fill in the more we see of the Seven Kingdoms)

Whilst the sets and costumes are gorgeous, the one thing that struck me was the calibre of the acting, Every single person was on top form but performances that stood out for me were Kit Harrinton as Jon Snow, Harry Lloyd as Viserys Targaryen and Peter Dinklage, who definately deserves industry recogination as the irrefutable Tyrion Lannister. The child actors also derserve major kudos, particularly Isaac Hempsted-Wright as Bran Stark and Maisie Williams as Arya Stark.

Harry Lloyd as the desperately ambitious Viserys

From what I've researched about the books the series is best on (A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin) there are three different storylines to be explored. I already know that each will be handled beautifully. Every single character already has their own personality and I can't wait to see the journeys they will take.

I'm already gasping for the new episode. Why can't it be Monday everyday?!

No comments:

Post a Comment