Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mini Reviews

Phew! You can tell I'm on holiday by the amount of films I've seen already. Here's a couple of reviews that I couldn't fill a whole page with...

Chalet Girl (2011) - Phill Traill


Alright, stop laughing. My sister dragged me to see this one on Monday, and I was thinking exactly the same as you. However, I was quite surprised.

Once you've got past the cliches (and there are loads!), it's actually quite funny. The very self-aware script is delivered by the impressive cast. However, this film's true strength is in Felicity Jones as the lead. Warm, witty and never annoying (yes, I'm looking at you, Kristen Stewart), she really pulls it off. I missed her in The Tempest and I've yet to see Cemetary Junction but I would like to see her in a more meaty role... I really think she could pull it off.

Rating: 7 out of 10 (yes, actually it was that good!)


Hop (2011) - Tim Hill


A sweet and sour treat for the Easter holidays. Russell Brand does what he does best, only this time in rabbit form, and I can't fault for it (ok, so I might be biased). Hank Azaria also gets me in everything he's in and this is no exception even if it is just his voice. (Watch Night at the Museum 2- he's just brilliant in it! FIRE POWER!).

However, it has every 'talking-animal-plus-human-friend= heaps of trouble' cliche you can think of... and it doesn't quite pull them off. A funny treat for the kids, put adults will find themselves a but bored....


Rating: 3 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment